Monday, April 4, 2011

Vacation Takes Work

I spent all afternoon yesterday finishing up some homework, doing laundry, and trying to get somewhat prepared to leave tomorrow. Leaving to go on vacation takes planning! I have a test I have to take online while I am out of town, so I also have to print some materials to read in the car and study... fun fun. I had to look out this window at the beautiful view and be jealous of everyone out there on jet skis and boats.

I tried to make the cappuccino smoothie (from my samples) yesterday afternoon, but our blender is is broken =( I did not realize how much I use that thing! I left the glass part on the counter, and Clay was opening the toaster oven and it fell into the sink and broke. Thankfully, it was really easy to buy a replacement.... But I do not have the replacement so the smoothie had an awful texture and looks like this.
I do not care what the package reads. EVERY PROTEIN POWDER JUST TASTES BETTER WHEN BLENDED. This one by Spirutein had a good taste, but it did not dissolve very well in my almond milk. 


Here is one of my favorite protein shake recipes.... from Julie at PBfingers.com =)

  • 1.5 scoops chocolate protein powder
  • 1 cup almond milk (regular milk would also work well)
  • 5 ice cubes
  • 1 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill xanthan gum (some protein powders have this in it already so you may not need to buy this... but Julie loves it and I am hooked)
  • Peppermint extract, to taste (CAUTION: Add a tiny bit at a time. This stuff is strong.)
  • 2 large handfuls fresh spinach

Well, it is off to work for me. I have a lot of loose ends to tie before I head out of town. Happy Monday!!!

1 comment: