Saturday, April 23, 2011

Therabands = Party Bands

I thought about putting together a video, but I am way too much of a perfectionist to undertake that project now (at the end of the semester). Maybe during the summer I can record a Bootcamp with B video. CHEEEEEZZZZYYYYY.

Bands are GREAT. You can get them in actual band form without handles, circular, or with handles. I am sure there are more, but these are mine:

Even the pup likes to play

I walk side to side....15 steps to the left, 15 to the right.... BUTT WORKOUT

$1 at Target

You can purchase kits for <$20 that have bands like this


Because I would like to stay respectful and NOT have my blog shut down for copyright infringement, I am going to refer you all to this site for the breakdown for each exercise. This is the best site that I have found so far. Most of the other ones do not explain what you are trying to do. My favorites are the bicep curl, hip abduction, and the lateral raise. I think that those exercises feel MOST like an actual strength workout and not physical therapy..... However, if you are a beginner, I think sticking to physical therapy exercises FIRST helps train your muscles to engage in the proper FORM and MOVEMENT. 

In other news, I polished off an entire HEAD of cauliflower this afternoon (that will come back with a vengeance later, I am certain). Julie gave this recipe: Olive oil, curry, salt.... toss the cauliflower in it. ROAST at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes. HOLY COW. This was a great alternative to the normal "veggie" feel. I ate it all before I could take a picture... Trust me. YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment