Saturday, March 19, 2011

I heart Saturdays

I slept in this morning until 7:00am... Sad that I used to consider that "early." I met my mother in law, Terri, at her place at 7:30 and we started our run together. I am so proud of her! She ran 4 miles and rocked it. We both went different directions, ran separately, but met back at her place. I ran 8.5 miles in 67 minutes. My phone died, which has the "run keeper" app on it. I do not have a Garmin watch (yet) so this is my cheap alternative. It is not so bad actually; I can even choose to have a coach during the run. I did this once, but it was embarrassing when I passed a few walkers and my phone started yelling out my distance and speed. Because my phone was useless, I was pretty annoyed that I brought it, because I had to carry it the entire run. My first loop was 4.5 miles, but I ran on too many side walks; I could feel it in my knees.... Thankfully, I was wearing a watch so I knew about how long I had been running. I changed my route for the second loop and ran my 3 mile route (I run in my in-laws' neighborhood a lot). My goal was originally 9, but that may have been too ambitious; this is only week 4 back on the running wagon.
(this was at our friends' Josh and Katie's wedding.... Not today, after the run... I refuse to post a picture of what I look like right now!!! )

Claybo came back into town around lunch time. I am looking forward to spending some time with him this evening. We have been crazy busy lately, so I am hoping for dinner and a movie here at the house. Well, I must get back to some biostatistics homework. The weather is so nice; I am contemplating going outside to tan, but I know I would be thinking about how the more responsible choice is to do homework, and I do not want skin cancer......hmmmm. My mental conscience is crazy intense sometimes.

Back to the books!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment