Thursday, March 31, 2011

Anything but Left....

I have to confess. If you know me well, then you know that I am not an "ambiturner" when I drive. If you want to give me an anxiety attack, make me turn left at a major intersection without a lead green light. I HATE IT. I will purposefully go out of my way to have all right turns when traffic is bad. I will go to a grocery store that I HATE, just because it is on the right hand side of the road on my way home. I have a problem.

Well, it is because of this "issue" that my sweet potato oat bars last night did not come out right. I went to Sweetbay, instead of Publix, and they did not have most of the ingredients that I needed. I was so frustrated.... Not because I desperately wanted to go home and cook, but because I wanted to make this recipe for my class that I teach on Thursdays. They are all doing such a great job adding exercise to their lifestyles and cleaning up their diets. The bars came out too moist; I think it is because I used pumpkin instead of sweet potatoes.... I will post pics and the recipe tonight. I did, however, conquer dinner!!!

Grilled chicken breast and vegetables. I cut the chicken breasts into proper portions (PALM sized).... which was good because they cooked quicker. Both the chicken and veggies were tossed in olive oil, white and black pepper, garlic, cayenne pepper, and this other spice called "kick'n chicken." It started raining though, so I had to finish the chicken on the George Foreman grill. Speaking of portion sizes, here is a little guide that I found in Tosa Reno's book.

From Tosa Reno's Eat Clean Diet Recharged
The weather here in the "sunshine state" is gloomy. There was a crazy display of a lightning show on my way to work this morning. I have not gone on a run since Sunday. I hope to get something in tonight.... AND work on homework. This is one of those weeks. Have a great "sunny" day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment