Thursday, April 7, 2011

Twelve at Atlantic Station

This morning, we checked out of our hotel. We stayed at the Twelve at Atlantic Station. This place was great. Not only was it two miles from the Georgia Aquarium, but it was also in walking distance to shops, restaurants, and Target!


Order room service from their intranet. Very convenient.










Roof top pool.... Target and Publix




Looking up from our porch


Aveda products... rosemary mint. Definitely relaxing.
I definitely spent some quality time in here last night after that run... fabulous. I need to become friends with someone who has one of these...
Vacation bliss
There is Starbucks and a top quality restaurant down stairs. Room service is available 24/7. All in all, it was a fabulous stay. We would recommend this place to anyone AND we would return. The price was pretty reasonable because our aquarium tickets were included in a package deal AND valet was included. I actually never went to the gym here. I ran outside yesterday and this morning a did a semi-plyometric workout in my room, so there was no need for the gym. Here is what that fun party looked like... I adapted Jamie Eason's version:


Time: 16-20 minutes
Use a deck of cards as your trainer. The face cards equal 10 and the aces and jokers are either a 1 or an 11, depending on your fitness level or ambition.Flip over three cards at a time. You will go through the deck twice.

  • Mountain Climbers
  • Bicycle Crunches
  • Push-ups
  • V-ups (I kept my knees bent because I do not have a mat and my tail bone was about to pop through my flesh)
  • Burpees (after my first set, I decided JUMPING was not a good idea today so I did squats)
  • Flutter Kicks
  • Dips
  • Spiderman Pushups (each time you go down, bring one knee up to the side of you...like spiderman crawling up a wall...)
  • Plie squats


It was a hard/short workout, but great for getting the blood flowing on a day that I will be in the car. Today we are headed up to Knoxville!!! I have never been and I am excited to see Clay's (and now mine) family. However, I am thankful that I brought the Stick.... I am going to feel it on the car ride... Do you think I can wear my compression socks under my dress pants with wedges??? Oh, that just might be happening...
Rolling out my IT band in my sweet, awesome pj pants
Essential
Have a great day everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment