Sunday, March 13, 2011

Grad School


Just an update. Grad school is in FULL SWING. I am training for a marathon and I just do not have time to update this everyday. I would like to share a few things with you:

skinnyrunner.com has RE-INSPIRED me to get back on the running wagon. I started a new job last fall, AND I ran in a Ragnar Relay (across Florida), AND I biked across Florida over a weekend. Needless to say, I burned out. Grad school has started and I started to really miss running. After a three month sabbatical, I am back. Here is what I did this week (week 3 of being back on the wagon....or is it "off the wagon"???)

Monday - 3 miles, 23 minutes
Tuesday - elliptical/power walk 30 minutes
Wednesday - sprint/strength straining circuit, 45 minutes
Thursday - rest
Friday - 4 miles (TREADMILL = torture), 32 minutes
Saturday - 7 miles, 58 minutes
Sunday (today) - plyometric workout in my bedroom while my hubby was napping =)

This was a great week. However, I ate CRAP. I am pretty convicted about what we put in our bodies. I am a born again, Bible believing, lover of Jesus Christ, that has VERY STRONG convictions about how we treat our bodies. I am not sure why I am so convicted, or how I got this way, but I just am. I find that when I run, I eat like a FRAT BOY.... pizza, ice cream, (not piss beer) and I gain weight.... even when I am in my longer mileage. I am determined not to do that this time =) My goal is NYC this year... If not, I will do the Spacecoast in November. Tonight is the first night of DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME and I am a happy girl. I am going to go curl up with my fabulous hubby. Have a good week!!!!


1 comment:

  1. ha :) glad you checked out the SR blog! it's definitely a HUGE inspiration.

    ReplyDelete