Saturday, July 24, 2010

Legs and Back - Day 5

Last night I got home around 8:00pm and completed the Legs/Back workout. So far, this is one of my favorites. I am not a plyometric/jumping fan. I like sprinting short distances in intervals, but that cannot be done in a living room. There were some different variations of lunges last night that REALLY hit deep into the glutes. LOVED them. He (Tony Horton) also led us through back exercises. Again, I still have not purchased a pull up bar, so I have been using the bands on the top of a closet door in my house. I may or may not get the pull up bar. I am leaning more towards purchasing higher resistant bands (cheaper, and I like the feel of them more than pull ups!!!). Today is supposed to be Kenpo and tomorrow REST. I, however, am switching the two. I am painting my house today and that will be enough workout for me for the day. There is a fine line here. I am already having a hard time being motivated to actually complete these videos every day. I do not want to rearrange the actual program they have set up; however, real life = real life. There are 90 DAYS of planned exercise so I think I will be alright. I did not lose any weight at all, but that is not why I am doing this; also, I have only been following these video for five days. I was already active, but when I started working night shift, I became inconsistent. Thankfully, I am back on days; I work Monday through Friday 7:30 - 4:00. I would like to research a group of people who work night shift AND workout consistently; they should write a book. The change in circadian rhythm and rearranging of regular life was VERY difficult for me.

American Diabetes Association logo
Healthy thought: Did you know that millions of Americans have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and millions are walking around undiagnosed? Our diets have crippled our pancreas' ability to produce enough insulin to keep up with the sugar running through our circulation. Basically, insulin is a carrier to bring sugar from the blood stream into the cells. Eventually, the glucose/sugar in the blood causes kidney, eye, and other circulation problems. Did you know that EXERCISE increases the body's sensitivity to insulin? Did you know that muscles use the glucose in your body? Some people who are on the brink of diabetes (pre-diabetic) may be able to stop this progression NOW with healthy lifestyle changes. Let me know if you have any questions. Have a fabulous weekend.

Healthyfully yours,
*B*

No comments:

Post a Comment