Friday, December 31, 2010

Wrapping Up 2010


I cannot believe this year has come and gone. Clay and I have been married two years. Both of my sisters have also been married within two years. I have been a nurse for a year. We bought a townhome. We both switched jobs. We both started grad-school.... What were we thinking?!?!?! Clay and I are both pretty busy, high energy individuals. Sometimes we take on too much at one time; however, we have been able to accomplish so much in our first two years of marriage because of our desire to set goals and persevere. God has taught us so much and we owe all we have to HIM. *SIGH* What a year.

Anyways, my last workout of 2010 started this morning at 7:00am with my dear friend, Wendy. I have known Wendy for 10+ years and I cherish our friendship so much. She did an intense cardio circuit on the treadmill, while I walked at an incline (it BURNS!!!). We then completed an ab workout of crunches, bicycles, and side planks (MORE BURNING!!!).

After the workout, I walked home, made breakfast, and woke Clay up. He had a fishing appointment and I had a running date with my new, dear friend Courtney. I am really enjoying getting to know her! We met a few months ago in the gym at our townhome complex. We are training for a half marathon in March and today was our first long run in a while. We were both pretty tired this morning, so our 7 mile run seemed longer than usual.

I am pretty tight today from yesterday's PLYOMETRIC PANDEMONIUM workout from Jill Coleman (@JillFit on Twitter). My legs are pretty strong, but I am trying to get leaner. Plyometric exercises for legs are very beneficial (for strength and cardiovascular endurance) and my body responds quite well.... after my heart rate gets back to normal!

After the run, I had to run to the grocery store to buy food for tonight's NYE party. I made a recipe from my favorite blog, PBFingers, and cannot wait for C
lay to try it. I just combined goat cheese and honey to make a dip (for pretzels, pita chips, graham crackers...) and I followed Julie's recommendation to use vanilla wafers (yes, these are a simple carb snack and not usually something I purchase, but it is NYE and I wanted to make something for Clay.... to distract him from all the vegetables and healthy foods I bought ;)

I actually did not use as much cheese as PBFingers suggested, but I want to see how Clay likes it first. Right now, it is sweet and creamy. I think I would like it more if it was thicker. The recipe calls for 10 oz. I used a 5 oz. package.... again, trying to make sure Clay likes it.

After I set the dip in the refrigerator, I made myself a spinach salad with goat cheese (see the trend???), red wine vinaigrette, and left over flank steak slices..... YUMMY!

I now have a date with a cup of coffee and a book =) I am enjoying my lazy day. Have a safe, fun evening tonight!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment